Copasetic UI Tweaks v3.2
- Fixed and enhanced the culture bar on city banners.
As always, you can download all of these at once by clicking the download button at right. Like last week, remember it’s best to update mods between finishing one game and starting the next. 😉
Attila’s Mods v. 10 by Attila the Hun
- Fixed a minor bug with turns-until-policy calculation.
City Development v. 9
- Adjusted golden age durations (happiness 150%, great people 75%).
- +1 for Fish with the Smokehouse
- 2 Scientists.
- Science specialist moved from University to Research Lab (2→1 and 1→2 respectively)
- Buff to city defense maintenance moved to Unofficial Patch mod (part of next official patch).
Combat v. 16
- Paratroopers ignore terrain cost.
- Added two more promotion swaps: Mobility ↔ Range, and Charge ↔ Volley.
- Removed Rocket Artillery from the -20% siege nerf, as it’s already significantly weaker than Modern Armor.
- Melee mounted units have a penalty attacking cities.
- Partisans mechanic added.
- City-state capture mechanic added.
Copasetic UI Tweaks v. 3 by Cope
- New mod added to the Combined package (link to mod page).
- Fixes several bugs and missing information with the user interface.
- Cope’s been gone for a while, so I fixed some compatibility issues between this mod and patch 188.8.131.52.
Diplomacy v 4
- Neutral, maritime and cultural city-states are less likely to request killing their neighbors.
- Influence from completing quests significantly increased.
Harder Free Tech v. 2 by Perkus
- New mod added to the Combined package (link to mod page).
- Balances the “Free Tech” ability of Great Scientists.
Leaders v. 7
- Ghandi: +66% from number of cities (was +100%).
- Washington: -33% tile purchase cost (was -25%)
- Alexander: Now befriends city-states instead of conquering them, to utilize his unique ability.
- Lawmaker trait changed to 33%.
- Ingenious trait changed to 50%.
- Bazaar gives 35% gold (was 25%).
- Mod renamed to Balance – Leaders.
Policies v. 7
- Removed buff to Humanism.
- Buffed Sovereignty.
- Reduced power of Planned Economy for infinite city sprawl (ICS).
- 1 free policy at each era, Utopia requires one additional tree.
Research v. 5
- Increased late-game research times
- Increased research pact wait time.
- Updated readme and renamed mod.
Terrain Improvements v. 14
- Fixed some issues with GP improvements. These should now always give a specific increase over the improvement they replace. In other words, building a Manufactory on a hex with a Mine should give +4 (post-engineering), regardless of if the hex is a resource or not.
Thal’s Utilities v. 1
- New mod replacing Compatibility – InGame.xml. Required for using the other mods.
Unofficial Patch v. 29
- Helicopter-specific “Ambush” promotion now works properly (it had no effect).
- Helicopters no longer have a penalty attacking across rivers or from sea.
- Cities heal more quickly (part of next official patch).
- Buff to city defense maintenance moved here from City Development (part of next official patch).
I’m looking forward to the day we can simply have city defenses increase city hitpoints, instead of strength. It will be so much more effective and solve a lot of problems. Until we have c++ access though, just gotta try and make do with the current method. I tweaked a few defensive building strengths to try and keep them on the narrow line of balance.
Attila’s Mod v. 8
- More concise and consistent top panel info matches the “turns to next tech” display, and fits better on some screen resolutions:
- Turns to next policy.
- Turns to next Great Person (and what type it will be).
- Changed “HELP” button to a question mark.
- Fixed a bug with golden age hover tooltip.
- Strategic resources now display even if no units use it.
City Development v. 8
- City-states no longer build the Agra Fort, Baths of Trajan or Medici Bank (city states aren’t supposed to build wonders).
Combat v. 15
- Slightly reduced strength of Castles and Military Bases.
City Development v. 7
- v7 and up are not backward compatible with savegames of v6 or lower (or saves without the mod installed). It’s best to update mods in-between finishing one game and starting the next. I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.
- Building tooltips now indicate what specialists they provide.
- Moved 1 Scientist Specialist from Library to the University.
- Moved 1 from Colosseum to Stadium.
- -15% Courthouse.
- Trade route income changed to favor highly populated cities a little more.
- These changes are part of a comprehensive approach to address concerns of balance between small and large empires (especially infinite city sprawl). I thought long and hard about this for several weeks, and there appears to be no way to completely address some balance issues with only the existing buildings. These will likely be the only “new” things added in any of my balance mods, as I want to keep things as close to vanilla as possible. Feedback on this is welcome (click here).
- Aqueduct building for early food storage.
- National wonders: Agra Fort (defense and merchants), Baths of Trajan (happiness), and Medici Bank (gold and merchants).
Combat v. 14
- Changed name of mod from Units to Combat.
- Paratroopers are now Recon class, can be upgraded from Scouts, and have double drop range.
- Medic promotion is available after Survivalism/Scouting I for land units.
- Bombard promotions replaced with Survivalism for Submarines.
- Fixed a bug preventing promotion swapping from occurring.
Diplomacy v 3
- A recent patch un-solved the exploitative nature of direct payments again, so I fixed it again in this mod.
Terrain Improvements v. 13
- -1 on mined luxury resources.
- Removed +1 Quarry bonus from Engineering.
Unofficial Patch v. 28
- From collaboration with Attila, moved several top-bar user interface fixes to Attila’s Mods (included in the Balance – Combined download).
Civilizations v. 6
- Updated Jaguar and Mohawk Warrior tooltips to indicate they start with Woodsman.
Terrain Improvements v. 12
- Reduced yield of several Great Person improvements slightly.
- Various techs at the end of the Renaissance era now boost GP improvements 50%.
Units v. 13
- Scouts keep their faster-movement promotion when upgraded by Ancient Ruins.
Units v. 12
- Slightly reduced city defenses.
- Reduced prerequisite requirement for Siege promotion.
Unofficial Patch v. 25
- Added the missing label for the Science yield type (TXT_KEY_YIELD_SCIENCE).