The 7.2 beta cycle is complete, with the public release of v7.4 out now. Click the blue download button at right to get the release.
As always, clear cache/moduserdata and start a new game when updating mods. Civ 5 has several bugs when using mods, to avoid these please see the Common Problems List. Version 7.4 includes a few final changes to the main v7.3 patch (see the next post down). Yes I’m a perfectionist. 😉
June 16 2011 @ 11:04am CST
- 2 Merchant slots in Banks (was 1).
- Removed the Agra Fort.
- Increased the wait time for when barbarians can attack civilized territory. It ranges from turn 60 on Prince to turn 0 on Deity (40-0 in v7.3, and 0-0 in vanilla). This is similar to the “animals” period in Civ 4.
- Added the 10% bonus vs barbarians back into the game.
- Units with Arctic Power move faster in tundra and snow (was only snow).
- 5 Scouts (was 4).
- Militia no longer ignore terrain cost.
- Scouting promotions:
- +1 sight and ignores terrain cost.
- +1 movement and can traverse ice and mountains.
- +1 sight and heals every turn.
- Corrected bugs on the Survivalism 2 and 3 tooltips.
- Minimum of 1 per mutual open border trade bonus.
- Strategic resources can no longer appear on Natural Wonders.
- Fixed a bug with terrain checks close to the horizontal world-wrap boundary. One obvious symptom of this was Barbarians spawning with terrain promotions that didn’t match their surroundings. The bug affected these areas of the game:
- Barbarian and Citystate promotions.
- A.I. turn-1 starting units.
- Natural Wonder placement.
- Strategic resource placement.