- Angkor Wat: +50 with every city-state (was -25% border expansion costs).
- Chichen Itza: +4 and +25% duration (was 0 happiness, 50% goldenage).
- Kremlin: Minimum 2-tile border radius for every city, plus -25% border expansion costs (was defense and a citystate influence bonus).
- Sydney Opera House: 2 free policies and 1/turn (was 1, 4).
- Cristo Redentor: +2 for Artists (was 1 culture for every specialist).
(These two late world wonders come so close to the end of the game, unless they are powerful there’s not enough time for them to be worth the investment in hammers.)
- Monastery: 2 maintenance (was 0), and can be built in any city.
- Mint: Can be built in any city.
- Renamed Militia to Vanguard, to more accurately represent their role in open warfare.
The vanguard is the leading part of an advancing military formation. It has a number of functions, including seeking out the enemy and securing ground in advance of the main force. The word Vanguard originates with the medieval French avant-garde, “the ward in front.” The vanguard derives from the division of a Medieval European army into three battles or wards: Van, Main, and Rear. The vanguard would lead the line of march and would deploy first on the field of battle, either in front of the other wards or to the right if they stood in line.
- Scouts and Vanguard receive a combat bonus when supported by a friendly military unit. Click Here for details.
- 4 Scouts (was 5).
- 9 Vanguard (was 10).
- 13 Swordsmen and Horsemen (were 12).
- Anti-Air and Anti-Tank guns are regular Melee units again (were Support).
- Reduced the fortification bonus to 10|20|30% (was 20|40) (the A.I. rarely uses it).
- Mohawk Warriors are resource-free again.
- Swapped the happiness/gold on Professional Army (now focused on gold) and the Honor finisher (now gives happiness).
- Finishing Honor additionally gives +1 in each Puppet State.
- Swapped the happiness/culture on Organized Religion (now gives culture) and Free Religion (now gives happiness).
- Swapped Secularism and Free Thought.
- Constitution: +10% City Strength and +1 for each Specialist (was city strength and 3 culture per defense building).
- Fixed a bug causing Aristocracy to give +2 to Puppet States.
- When using only CiVUP, Great Scientists use the vanilla tech selection method.
- The Pentagon correctly heals all units every turn (was only healing land units).