I backtracked the downloads to v104 until I can figure out what caused the loading problem in v105.
- Lancers upgrade to Tanks.
- Embarked units die in 3 hits (was 1).
- Units with Blitz drop to 1 movement point after the first attack (if they lack the “Attacks Use 1 Move” promotion).
- Turtle Ships now start with the Recon 1 promotion, like Caravels.
- Tradition: +2 in the Capital (was 3).
- Tradition finisher: No longer improves happiness.
- Representation: +1 in connected cities (was 0.5).
- Liberty finisher: +25% production constructing buildings with one or more happiness (was -5% unhappiness from population).
- Professional Army: Each kill salvages 15% of killed unit cost (was 20%).
- Communism: +2 on Villages (was +10% building production and +2 production per city).
- Order Finisher: +2 of every yield in every city (was +1).
- The city view displays more concise information on the right panels. (Added by Sneaks)
- Purchase cost modifiers now work correctly (Protectionism and Big Ben).
- Mech Infantry and Airborne have the correct combat classes.
- Turtle Ships now correctly unlock at the same tech as Caravels.
- Happiness from Taj Mahal is no longer limited by population (consistent with other world wonders).
- Peace treaties last 20 turns (was 10).
- Rationalism gives a free Great Scientist (reverted to v7.5).
- Moved the AutoTips building tag table from Lua to XML. This makes it easier for other mods to add new building tags to tooltips. If you are a modder, look at “AT – BuildingStats.xml” for examples of the default tags.
- Corrected food and production modifiers when the empire is unhappy.
- Hid the upper part of the spear on the Levy icon.
- Citystates show total influence, instead of total minus threshold (20 influence past Friendly displays “40” instead of “10/30”. This simplifies comparing our influence to the best rival.)
- Fixed a typo where Freedom incorrectly stated it was mutually exclusive with Order.
There’s several recent polls up on the project forum:
- Do you like the general idea of flexible happiness?
- What’s your favorite difficulty level in VEM?
- How do you like your RA rewards?
- Would you like an optional modmod where every leader has 2 UUs and 1 UB/UI?
- The Recon 1 promotion no longer ignores borders.
- Moved the +1 sight bonus of Vanguard units to the first rank of their 3 main promotion lines.
- Renamed Rangers to Airborne.
- Swapped the names and graphics of Mech Infantry and Airborne.
- 75% maintenance for Air, Sea, and Vanguard units (was 50%, 66%, 66%)
- Infantry require both Rifling and Replaceable Parts.
- +2 on Customs Houses with Mercantilism (was Patents).
- +2 on Academies with Secularism.
- +2 on Manufactories with Constitution.
- +2 on Landmarks with Free Speech.
- Moved 1 specialist slot from each of these buildings (one slot remains):
- Merchant: National Treasury → Mint
- Engineer: Heroic Epic → Blast Furnace
- Engineer: Foundry → Smithy
- Scientist: National College → University
- Scientist: Oxford → Public School
- Artist: National Epic → Monastery
- Artist: Hermitage → Opera House
- 3% combined from Research Agreements (was 5%).
- 1% combined and from mutual open borders (was only gold).
- Purchasing buildings in cities should work properly now.
- Fixed a vanilla bug with purchase costs. Vanilla rounded twice while calculating costs, resulting in lower values than indicated by the internal settings.
- The AI should now build Vanguard units more appropriately (these units were missing “flavor” priorities).
- Reduced the AI flavor priority of Mints to a value closer to Markets.
- Corrected a typo in the Khan’s healing promotion.
- Corrected misspellings of “capital” as “capitol” in the America and Harun civilopedia texts.
- Corrected misspelling of “Inca” as “Incan’s” in the Terrace Farm civilopedia text.
- “Best Rival” citystate influence now shows “Unmet Player” if we have not met the player.
- Unit supply cap changed to:
10 + numCities + population/8
(was 10 + 2*numCities)
- Helicopters can now transport by railroad, and no longer use Aluminum.
- Fixed the vanilla bug where courthouses provided a hidden +3.
- Courthouses should now have the correct purchase cost.
- The military overview shows correct unit supply values.
- Nuke damage is now scaled to match other damage/health/healing changes.
- Moved Caravels to Compass (Astronomy still unlocks deep-ocean travel). Click for details.
- Pikemen obsolete at Metallurgy (was Gunpowder).
- Swapped the Destroyer and Battleship positions on the tech tree. (All “elite” units are now on the militaristic lower-half techs.)
- +1 for Defensive Buildings.
- +15% for Archery Units with the Temple of Artemis (was only non-mounted archers).
- New building effects (like Stonehenge) should now work properly.
- Scaled up city healing, and damage of forts and citadels to match other changes to damage, health, and healing.
- Revised the description of puppet-vs-occupation benefits.
- Improved the display of current influence with citystates, and added a line showing the influence of the best rival for the citystate.
- Default great general points for buildings are now 0, instead of 1.
- Starting maps should be faster now. Click for details.
- Events scheduled to run at the end of the turn should now work again. This includes:
- Modded city and player yields.
- New world wonder effects.
- AI starting units.
- Experience and promotions to AI units.
- Arabian luxury trait.
- Commerce finisher.
- Other minor events.