v9.1.16b Updated August 6 2011 @ 18:42 CST (GMT-5)
- Doubled all health, damage, and healing. This should allow more fine-tune control of damage. Details.
- Returned the strength of units from the Sword+Horses tech column to the Musketman tech column to their original vanilla settings (-1 strength to everything but Knights).
- -25% combat penalty when using more strategic resources than available (was -50).
This is mainly to help the AI when we pillage all their resources. Click Here for my thoughts.
- Renamed the “Ranger” promotions to “Trenches.”
“Field works are as old as armies. Roman legions on the move near enemies entrenched their camps nightly. Trenches were often used in major battles, like the Battle of Nicopolis during Julius Caesar’s civil war.”
- v.14 Ships will generally appear as Partisans only on water-heavy maps like Archipelago now, and Carriers cannot spawn as Partisans (partisans flee to the defending capital when a city falls).
- v.16 Medic promotion heals all units within 1 tile (was only adjacent units) but no longer leads to March.
- Added the Jelling Stones, a Unique Heroic Epic of Denmark. The city with the Jelling Stones receives culture from each city looted, in addition to the normal effects of the Heroic Epic. (Previous unique of Denmark was Norwegian Ski Infantry.) Details.
“The Jelling stones are massive carved runestones from the 10th century, found at the town of Jelling in Denmark. The older of the two Jelling stones was raised by King Gorm in memory of his wife Thyra. The larger of the two stones was raised by Harald Bluetooth, King Gorm’s son. Harald constructed the second stone in memory of his parents, celebration of his conquest of Denmark and Norway, and his conversion of the Danes to Christianity. The runic inscriptions on these stones are considered the most well known in Denmark.”
- Added icon artwork for units and buildings introduced in VEM. (Thanks Sneaks!)
- v.13 Helicopters should no longer have duplicate Ambush promotions.
- v.14 The governors of human-owned puppet states should no longer attempt to build Courthouses.
- v.15 Fixed a bug causing all the game’s text to not display.
- v.16 Trenches and Guerrilla promotions now correctly improve movement and sight.
- v.16 Tradition, Organized Religion, and the Honor finisher correctly increase culture of buildings.
- v.16 England’s naval movement bonus promotion persists when ships are upgraded.
- v.16 Cities should now immediately end occupation when a courthouse is purchased, instead of taking effect at the end of the turn.