- Lancers upgrade to Tanks.
- Embarked units die in 3 hits (was 1).
- Units with Blitz drop to 1 movement point after the first attack (if they lack the “Attacks Use 1 Move” promotion).
- Turtle Ships now start with the Recon 1 promotion, like Caravels.
- Tradition: +2 in the Capital (was 3).
- Tradition finisher: No longer improves happiness.
- Representation: +1 in connected cities (was 0.5).
- Liberty finisher: +25% production constructing buildings with one or more happiness (was -5% unhappiness from population).
- Professional Army: Each kill salvages 15% of killed unit cost (was 20%).
- Communism: +2 on Villages (was +10% building production and +2 production per city).
- Order Finisher: +2 of every yield in every city (was +1).
- The city view displays more concise information on the right panels. (Added by Sneaks)
- Purchase cost modifiers now work correctly (Protectionism and Big Ben).
- Mech Infantry and Airborne have the correct combat classes.
- Turtle Ships now correctly unlock at the same tech as Caravels.
- Happiness from Taj Mahal is no longer limited by population (consistent with other world wonders).