- Added a science bonus for AIs based on difficulty level, and reduced other AI bonuses. Details
- Fixed a rounding bug with unit purchasing.
- Fixed a bug with building purchasing that caused purchases in new cities to fail.
- Fixed a load/save bug with citystate unit rewards.
- Fixed a bug with city yield updates.
- Disabled the load game button on the ingame menu (loading from within an active game breaks all mods with lua code).
- Disabled the quick combat advanced game option (it breaks all mods that detect combat).
2:20pm : Game 2 of the GotVEM is postponed to ensure a production bug discovered this week is fixed (Details). I’ll post an update in 3 hours, around 6pm CST (UCT-5).
5:50pm Update: I’m still working to solve the problem, and will post another update in 3 more hours.
6:12pm Update: I’ve found and fixed the problem. I’m going to do some testing over the next day, and Game 2 of the GotVEM will begin tomorrow, October 1st at approximately 3pm.
Aside from any unforeseen last-minute bugfixes, 109 will be the version for Game 2.
- Bombardment: +10/10/15% vs Land Units (was 20/20/20).
- 1: +10 vs Naval Units and +1 sight.
- 2: +10 vs Naval Units and +1 move.
- 3: +15 vs Naval Units and +1 sight.
- Naval Recon
- 1: +1 sight, can heal in unowned territory.
- 2: +1 move, can heal in enemy territory, can traverse ice.
- Stonehenge: +3 (was free Temple).
- Tradition no longer erroneously gives the old +15% base food effect.
Click Here to participate in the pre-game strategy discussion for October’s Game of the Month!
Sept. 23 Friday
- Beta update.
- GotVEM Game 2 start location announced.
Sept. 28 Wednesday
- Beta deployed as v109.
Sept. 30 Friday
- GotVEM Game 1 concludes @ midnight.
- GotVEM Game 2 begins.
Oct. 1 Saturday
- GotVEM Game 2 spoiler thread #1 opens.
Oct. 3 Monday
- GotVEM Game 2 spoiler thread #2 opens.
- Results from Game 1 announced sometime this week.
- Scouts can upgrade to Archers from ruins again.
- Libraries are now lost in captured cities.
- Adjusted the city creation & development A.I.
- Fishing expeditions can travel over ice.
- 90 cost 3 production Watermill (was 120/2).
- +1 for Machu Picchu.
- Educated Elite: Each citystate friend and ally contributes GP points to an empire-wide pool, and when the pool is filled a random Great Person appears at the capital. Details
- Added the capability for buildings or wonders to boost the culture of sea tiles (like Lighthouses and Harbors do for other yields).
- The National Epic correctly has +25% culture again.
- City focus correctly works to redistribute food or culture from citystates.
- Fixed a bug with policies that award free buildings.
- Fixed a rounding error with purchasing, where buildings sometimes displayed as available to purchase when funds were actually not available.
- Updated the Fort tooltip to display the correct 2 damage to nearby enemies.
- Fixed bugs with buildings that add culture to resources. They can be purchased again, and acquiring resource tiles near one of these buildings adds culture to the resource.
- Gold modifiers from buildings and puppet states are no longer counted twice.
- Estimated time until the next militaristic citystate reward rounds up, instead of down.
- Opera Houses correctly give +50% culture again.
- Mounted units can now cover their horses with armor to protect against ranged attacks.
- Targeting: +10/10/15% vs Wounded and Naval units (was 20/20/20% vs ships). Details
- Removed the Hunter promotion from naval units (+25% vs wounded and +1 movement).
- Added some support for a new “Law” yield for modmods.
- Unit upgrades now work correctly.
- Detection of newly constructed buildings works again.
- Fixed a bug with city banners that caused several issues between turns.
- Sejong’s science from buildings/wonders trait effect now works again.
- Fixed a bug causing free buildings from wonders to be counted twice for National Wonder prerequisite requirements.