Click Here to participate in the pre-game strategy discussion for September’s VEM Game of the Month!
If you are playing the beta versions, please start a game with v106.9 beta as soon as possible this week. Search for bugs and Click Here to report any you find. I want to get all bugs squashed for a general version release on Wednesday, and the start of the Game of the Month on Friday.
After Wednesday I expect to leave the mod mostly unchanged for several weeks, to let everyone play the GotM and get a feel for what might need changing after its conclusion.
- The AI considers technologically advanced opponents with weak militaries more tempting war targets than before.
- +10% vs Cities for Swordsmen.
- 10 per empire (was 8).
- 4 per city (was 3).
- 5 per 5 population (was 4 per 5) (returned to vanilla).
- *v.9 +1 for each Colosseum, Theater, and Stadium.
- -20% cost for Workboats.
- Ceremonial Rites: +3 in the Capital (was 0), and provides a Culture building in the oldest 3 cities (was 4). Click for details.
- *v.9 Representation: +1 Happiness for each Connected city.
- Liberty Finisher: Provides one Defense Building in each city.
- Rearranged some effects in the Piety tree.
- Piety: +5 Happiness.
- Organized Religion: +1 for Monuments, Temples, and Monasteries. Surplus happiness adds to culture.
- Mandate of Heaven: +1 for Monuments, Temples, and Monasteries.
- Theocracy: +10% Gold from Temples (was 15), and +10% Science from Monasteries (was 0).
- Free Religion: 1 free Policy, and -25% required for Golden Ages.
- Humanism: +1 for Science Buildings (previously excluded Libraries).
- Increased the cost of late-game technologies (from +0% in the Medieval era to +20% in the Modern era).
- Adjusted placement of Atolls to improve coastal regions.
- Fixed a bug preventing interaction with militaristic CS city banners.