108.1 beta had a small but critical bug fixed in 108.2 beta.
- Conquest requires owning all capitals and 30% of the world’s land (was 0%). Details
- 3 hp/turn healing in unowned territory (was 2). Details
- AIs might pillage more. Details
- Promotions. Details
- Blitz is available after Cover 2 or Suppression 2 for melee units.
- March is available after Volley or Siege for ranged units.
- Helicopters have the same promotions as their precursor, Anti-Tank Guns.
- Captured cities. Details
- Cities with a Courthouse are identical to a self-founded city (unchanged).
- Occupied: No unhappiness modifier (was +33%).
- Puppets: -25% less than normal cities (was no modifier).
- Puppets and Occupied: -25% yields and -1 per citizen.
- Capturing cities demolishes these structures and no others. Details
- Defense buildings.
- Gold buildings.
- Factories and power plants.
- Removed the 5-30% surplus food bonus for AIs on higher difficulty levels. Details
- Increased the cost of early cultural border expansion in cities. Details
- Reduced tile purchase costs by 20%.
- Increased the purchase cost of Courthouses.
- +6 Hospitals (was +15% food). Details
- Mutual Open Borders: 1% of the combined gross of both players adds to your gold rate.
- Research Agreements: 3% of the combined gross of both players adds to your science rate.
- Declaration of Friendship: Increases income from Research Agreements and Mutual Open Borders with this leader by +50%. Details
- Capturing a militaristic citystate gives rewards equal to 50 turns of alliance, like other citystates (was 30 turns of alliance).
- +2 Food in cities with Landed Elite (was 20% surplus food). Details
- +20% Surplus Food in cities with the Tradition finisher (was +15% base food). Details
- Strategic resources favor militaristic citystates (were unaffected by citystates).
- “Atolls” renamed to “Isles.”
- Disabled combat animations. Details
- The city view groups specialists by type (were grouped by building). Details
(Contribution by Sneaks)
- The city view displays the icon only for buildings with Empire Enhanced Mod addons.
- Increased performance of some code, which might reduce turn times for some players.
- Minutemen upgrade to Light Infantry as intended (not Riflemen).
- The AI no longer builds Carriers (the AI does not station aircraft on Carriers).
- Yield modifiers in puppet states now take effect immediately (was at the end of each turn).
- Buildings that improve culture of resources no longer reset each time a save is loaded.
- Notifications of newly acquired plots no longer reset each time a save is loaded.
- VEM changes to policies now take effect after vanilla effects, instead of before.
- Crossbow class units now have -2 ranged strength, as intended (was -2 melee strength).
- “Dummy” buildings no longer show on the City View or Civilopedia: the governor’s mansion, Arabia trait effect, Commerce finisher effect, and “can build courthouse” trigger.
- Citystate influence per turn now displays rounded number (visual change only).