Here are the high scores for GotVEM #2 – the top three for Hall of Fame high score, and the top three for fastest finish. (GotVEM #2 allowed only a Domination Victory.) Seek was the runner-up in both categories, and lindanealmck’s high score really stood out.
The winners are:
- lindanealmck (7220)
- Seek (5602)
- redrover57 (5547)
- Gamewizard (205)
- Seek (217)
- redrover57 (231)
- iWant921nooow and void_genesis also had scores that would have been in the top three, but had to restart their games.
Download Game 3. Game 3 requires the free Mongol DLC installed. I’ve also added two hotfixes to v119:
- Enlightenment opener gives a great scientist as intended, not the finisher.
- Spearmen upgrade to pikes from goody huts.
Unless any bugs are found between now and Friday, v119 will be used for Game 3 of the Game of the Month: VEM Edition.
- Germany: Captured barbarian hordes cost 50% more to maintain than regular units.
- Germany: -50% upgrade cost for Landsknecht (was -25%).
- Scientific Method reveals Oil and Aluminum (was Chemistry, Electricity).
- Freedom: +10% unit and city strength in friendly territory (was 0%/10%).
- Swapped Educated Elite and Free Trade.
- Swapped Patronage and Philanthropy.
- Rearranged the Enlightenment tree. Details
- 80 Landsknecht (was 50) and -50% cost to upgrade to Musketmen.
Click Here to join the pre-game discussion for Game 3 of the Game of the Month: VEM Edition!
Oct. 24 Monday
- Beta deployed to general release.
Oct. 26 Wednesday
- General release update.
Oct. 28 Friday
- GotVEM Game 2 concludes @ midnight.
- GotVEM Game 3 begins.
Oct. 29 Saturday
- GotVEM Game 3 spoiler thread #1 opens.
Nov. 1 Tuesday
- GotVEM Game 3 spoiler thread #2 opens.
- GotVEM Game 2 high scores announced sometime this week.
- 4 Barbarian Archers (was 5).
- Minimum range between capitals and barbarian camps is 6 tiles (was 5).
- 2.3 policy cost exponent (was 2.2).
- Renamed Rationalism to Enlightenment.
- Piety in the classical era no longer excludes society from pursuing the Enlightenment in the renaissance. Details
- Swapped Humanism and Free Thought.
- Swapped Secularism and Sovereignty.
- Swapped the opener and finisher of Enlightenment.
- Rearranged policies in the Freedom tree. Details
- The combat odds panel resizes to fit the number of combat modifiers. (Thanks Aristos!)
- The population modifier for Courthouses works again.
- Similar to Civ 4, choosing promotions restores 20% health. Details
- Removed the 100% instant heal.
- The “no promotion saving” advanced setup option defaults to disabled.
- When a city is captured the probability of a building surviving is:
- 0%: courthouse, defense buildings, factory, power plants (all unchanged).
- 50%: library (was 0), gold buildings (were 0), happiness buildings (were 100).
- 100%: all other buildings.
- Golden ages from happiness last 20 turns (was 15).
- 190 100% Garden (was 160/50%). Details
- City unhappiness:
- 3 + 1 * = Puppets (was 3 + 0.75 * pop).
- 4 + 1 * = Occupied (unchanged).
- 4 + 1 * = Normal (unchanged).
- Darius: Satrap’s Court gives 200 + 3/turn Golden Age points (was 200 + 5/turn).
- Policies which increase specialist yields now improve a particular type of specialist, instead of all specialists. Details
- Returned the Order and Autocracy trees to their original unlock eras.
- The “no policy saving” advanced setup option defaults to disabled.
- Rearranged policies in the Freedom and Autocracy trees. Details
- Finisher: +2 +1 Colosseums.
- Reformation: 10 turn Golden Age, and -25% cost for future Golden Ages.
- Free Religion: 1 free policy, +1 Artists, and +2 Landmarks.
- Cultural Diplomacy: +2 for each CS friend, and +3 for each ally.
- Swapped the positions of Cultural Diplomacy and Educated Elite.
- United Front: +20% attack in friendly territory, and +10% domestic trade.
- Populism: +1 Engineers, and +2 Manufactories.
- Included the Perfect World map script, modified to fit VEM gameplay. This script is created by cephalo and uses elevation and climate patterns to create terrain.
- Reduced the volume of the default button press sound to 50%. Details
- (Internal) Changed the “UnofficialPatch” table name to “CiVUP”.
- (Internal) Messages sent to the lua logger at the “fatal” level now terminate execution with a function stack trace.
- Declarations of Friendship now increase trade deal rewards as intended.
- Removed Carriers from the available militaristic citystate rewards.
- The National Epic now correctly requires Temples, not Monuments.
- Acquiring the Liberty finisher immediately applies its effect, instead of at the end of the turn.