- Barbarians in camps have +25% defense, and attack enemies when odds are favorable. Details
- Spaceship Factory available at Computers (was Robotics). Details
- Liberated citystates retain a maximum of 50 with former allies who are not the liberator.
- Killing a citystate gives -1.5 per turn with nearby citystates (was -2).
- Darius: Satrap’s Court replaces Market (was Bank) and gives 200 + 5/turn Golden Age points (was 2 happiness). Details
- Darius: Units move +1 faster during Golden Ages (was +1 move and +50% duration).
- Order and Autocracy unlock one era earlier (more choices and strategies).
- Robotics requires Plastics. Details
- Computers no longer require Radar.
- Trade unlocks Open Border treaties (was Writing).
- Adjusted miscellaneous aspects of AI decision-making.
- Stored happiness displays during golden ages.
- The “Requires Building” field now displays the unique building when applicable.
- Modding: Building types independently alter the culture of terrain or resources. Details
- Modding: Renamed the AutoTips “tags” to “fields” (the attributes of buildings). “Field” is a term generally used in computer science to refer to a member element of a record data structure.
- Rearranged late-game techs on the tech tree for more clear visual links (display change only).