- Similar to Civ 4, choosing promotions restores 20% health. Details
- Removed the 100% instant heal.
- The “no promotion saving” advanced setup option defaults to disabled.
- When a city is captured the probability of a building surviving is:
- 0%: courthouse, defense buildings, factory, power plants (all unchanged).
- 50%: library (was 0), gold buildings (were 0), happiness buildings (were 100).
- 100%: all other buildings.
- Golden ages from happiness last 20 turns (was 15).
- 190 100% Garden (was 160/50%). Details
- City unhappiness:
- 3 + 1 * = Puppets (was 3 + 0.75 * pop).
- 4 + 1 * = Occupied (unchanged).
- 4 + 1 * = Normal (unchanged).
- Darius: Satrap’s Court gives 200 + 3/turn Golden Age points (was 200 + 5/turn).
- Policies which increase specialist yields now improve a particular type of specialist, instead of all specialists. Details
- Returned the Order and Autocracy trees to their original unlock eras.
- The “no policy saving” advanced setup option defaults to disabled.
- Rearranged policies in the Freedom and Autocracy trees. Details
- Finisher: +2 +1 Colosseums.
- Reformation: 10 turn Golden Age, and -25% cost for future Golden Ages.
- Free Religion: 1 free policy, +1 Artists, and +2 Landmarks.
- Cultural Diplomacy: +2 for each CS friend, and +3 for each ally.
- Swapped the positions of Cultural Diplomacy and Educated Elite.
- United Front: +20% attack in friendly territory, and +10% domestic trade.
- Populism: +1 Engineers, and +2 Manufactories.
- Included the Perfect World map script, modified to fit VEM gameplay. This script is created by cephalo and uses elevation and climate patterns to create terrain.
- Reduced the volume of the default button press sound to 50%. Details
- (Internal) Changed the “UnofficialPatch” table name to “CiVUP”.
- (Internal) Messages sent to the lua logger at the “fatal” level now terminate execution with a function stack trace.
- Declarations of Friendship now increase trade deal rewards as intended.
- Removed Carriers from the available militaristic citystate rewards.
- The National Epic now correctly requires Temples, not Monuments.
- Acquiring the Liberty finisher immediately applies its effect, instead of at the end of the turn.