The following is a test of the Beta Broadcast System. This is only a test. If this had been a public release, it would have fewer bugs. This concludes this test of the Beta Broadcast System. 🙂
The main things tested in this beta are:
- Redesigned the opportunity system – likely to have bugs. Click for details.
- Made yields closer in value – might require balancing. Click for details.
- Ships with Recon 2 move slower through ice. Click for details.
- Several changes to make the primary yields approximately equal in value.
- 1 per city tile (was 2) (added +1g per trade route to compensate).
- Returned golden ages to vanilla duration and cost.
- Reduced automatic late-game gold income from trade routes.
- Scaled up income & expenses for science & culture by a factor of 2.
- 90 Granary (was 120).
- 120 Library (was 90).
- 140 Colosseum (was 120).
- Research Agreement costs are now directly proportional to tech costs in the current era.
Overall this makes early RAs cost less, and late RAs cost much more.
- Darius: Immortals now generate Golden Age points from combat, and have 8 (was 9).
- Reorganized rewards so paid options exchange gold for a non-gold resource (like citystates do), and free options slightly raise gold per turn.
- The Great Engineer hurry mission now displays the formula for how much production it awards in the city (300 + 30 * ). (Displaying the final value is difficult with our current modding tools.)
- (Internal) Redesigned the code which runs opportunities.
- Guided missiles and nuclear weapons now correctly have a maintenance cost.
- Removed the artist slot from Gardens. Every specialist type should now have an identical number of buildings with slots, as originally intended.