Click to vote for leaders you’d like to see in Featured Games!
- Slightly reduced the of archers, crossbows, catapults, and trebuchets.
- Increased the basic combat bonus against barbarians.
- Barbarians in camps are more likely to try attrition battles.
- Military training buildings provide a small amount of Production.
- Barracks: Engineer slot (was on Walls).
- Stables: Lower cost and unlock at Animal Husbandry (was Trade).
- Observatories: 8 (was +50%).
- Mausoleum: Free Great Merchant and higher cost.
- Colossus: 8 (was free Great Merchant) and unlocks with Trade (was Bronze Working).
- The capital’s radius is visible at the start of the game. Click for details.
- Both and can expand to the 4th ring around cities (was only culture). Click for details.
- Gandhi: 10 8 War Elephants (was 12/12).
- Honor: 10% combat bonus against barbarians (was 15%).
- Freedom: +1 on Farms (was 2).
- Fresh water access gives +1 irrigation potential to flat desert (non-floodplains).
- Resources on flat desert get +1 Gold to make the tile worthwhile.
- Oasis surrounded by flat desert are more important for local gold than oasis in nicer regions.
- Smoothed out jumps in difficulty between Prince, King, and Emperor.
- Added minimum city range to the Options file.
- Added a CSD compatibility setting to the Options file.
- Arabia’s trait and the Commerce opener now properly affect income from trade routes and mutual open borders.
- Gandhi’s trait now shows a “Population: +1” line on the affected buildings, and a center-screen alert when constructed.
- Barbarian crossbows and chariots now properly deal less damage to ships and vice versa.
- The science icon now displays correctly in text for opportunities.
- The Great Wall and Freedom Finisher no longer stack.
- Happiness from terrain now shows up on the top bar’s happiness tooltip.
- Total culture from citystates shows separately from city culture on the top bar tooltip.