- Reduced AA-gun base strength and increased anti-air strength. Click for details.
- Separated some early bonuses from the capital. Click for details.
- 0 00 2 2 Palace (was 5, 5, 5, 5).
- 5 15 3 per player (was 0, 0, 0).
- 2 00 per city (was 1, 1)
- 30 cost Scouts (was 40).
- 60 cost Workers (was 80).
- 60 cost Granary, Stable, Walls, and Barracks (was 90).
- Stable: 1 and +10% for mounted units (was 0, 15%).
- Observatory: 8 + 10% (was 0 + 50%).
- 1% empire science rate per net happiness (was only in the capital).
- Adjusted border expansion for smoother jumps in culture cost between expansions.
Click for details.
- Increased the base gold from using a Great Merchant to 200 (was 100).
- Doubled the gold return when an opponent beats us to a World Wonder.
- National wonders give 8 yield + 25% (was 3 + 50%).
- v.4 Redesigned policy tree tooltips.
- Collective Rule: Gives a free settler (was free settler +50% capital settler production).
- The Granary, Pasture, and Mine opportunities unlock in the Ancient Era (was Medieval).
- Techs known by many other civilizations now cost less.
- Multiplied scores by 4.
- Adjusted AI unit priorities. Click for details.
- v.4 The AI no longer builds aircraft carriers. Click for details.
- Increased AI bonuses on medium difficulties, and reduced bonuses.
Click for details.
- v.4 Start bonuses now depend on game speed.
- The Dojo now matches the other recent changes to Barracks, as was intended.
- Invisible strategic resources no longer add gold to barren desert tiles.
- AIs allied with all known citystates will no longer purchase more CS influence.
- Dead civs no longer show up on “Protected By” lists for citystates.
- Replaced a few leftover “declaration of friendship” lines in diplomacy text with “ally.”
- v.4 The trade screen no longer shows negative values for AIs very unwilling to trade gold per turn.
- v.4 Fixed a bug causing the American Minuteman to not show up.
- v.4 Separated the VEM gold updates (end of turn) from the science/culture updates (start of turn) for better aesthetics.
- v.4 Gandhi’s trait growth alert displays only if he is the active human player.