I’ve been visiting family for my father’s birthday. I’ll be back home to do more debugging and development of the mods in a few days. 🙂
- Updated citystate tooltips to the vanilla-enhanced style (more concise and shows rival influence).
- Mercantile cities display happiness on the exports section (when using GEM).
- Great Person names on the top bar now show the shorter specialist name, instead of the GP name.
- Added the bugfix for capital railroad production (forgot to include this when reorganizing civup for G&K).
- More changes to try and fix the apostrophe bug. Click for details.
I’ve updated the mod to help located a bug. Please click here if you encounter unusual lag while selecting or moving units in the late game with Civup.
Click to discuss and participate in the planning of GEM Stage 4: Cities & Policies!
The diplomacy update include the following changes from VEM, some altered to fit G&K.
Click for discussion.
- Do not declare permanent war.
- Can give quests at turn 20 (was 30).
- Can target barbarian camps for quests at a 50% further distance.
- Attacking gives less of an influence penalty to neighboring citystates.
- Maritime CSs distribute a finite amount of food among allied cities, instead of unlimited food.
- Militaristic CSs pool their unit rewards, which gain experience based on era.
- +25% higher influence reward for completing these quests:
- Liberation from occupation.
- War assistance.
- Kill barb camp.
- Find player.
- Find natural wonder.
- Mutual open borders adds 1% of combined gross income of both players per turn.
- Research agreements add 3% of combined total science of both players per turn.
- Alliances double income from mutual open borders and research agreements.
- Doubled the diplomatic reward for returning barbarian-captured workers to players.
- Peace treaties last 20 turns (was 10).
- Added balance adjustments for the G&K natural wonders.
- Copied over VEM enhancements to citystate windows (click for details):
- List of protecting leaders.
- Yield exports (military units, happiness, great people, etc).
- Unimproved resources are indicated with a fraction (improved / total).
- Resources are colored based on availability. Click for details.
- Removed these enhancements, since Firaxis included them in the G&K base game:
- Similar resources group together on the export list.
- Improve resource button.
- Find on map button.
- Added a new “Deals” xml table to store deal priority, iconstring, and description.
- The function player:GetDeals() now returns information from the Deals table.
(I will use this in a future version to add current-deals information to the Trade tab. Civ’s trade code is strangely designed and wore me out, so I’m taking a break from it.)
- Fixed some more errors with ‘ apostrophes appearing as ” quotation marks in diplomacy text.
- Top bar
- Swapped the Faith and Great Person sections.
- Removed the word “Great” from GP names in the GP section.
- The at-a-glance trade tooltip now shows # of possible embassies.
- Diplomacy Overview
- Increased the size of the window.
- Added embassies to the Trade tab.
- Moved the Relationships tab to the right of the tab list.