I’m going to roll out the G&K Enhanced Mod (GEM) in stages. The first stage will be the terrain section of the mod. I should have it up on the workshop sometime in the next few days. Once the terrain stage is tested, I will add the next stage of the mod to that workshop file. This should spread out the workload so I don’t get burned out like I did with updating all of Civup at once for G&K. 🙂
Click to discuss.
(Updated list based on discussion, July 12 9:28cst)
The terrain stage will include the following changes from VEM:
- More citystates on mainland for Continents-Plus and Pangaea-Plus maps.
- Strategic resources distributed by player territory (but with more randomness than VEM).
- Coal, Oil, and Aluminum revealed earlier.
- More valuable Great Person improvements.
- Early resources balanced in yield value.
- Mine, lumbermill, and village tech bonuses spread out across a longer time.
- Terrain balance:
- Rivers: +1 only when improved.
- Coastlines: more atolls (isles).
- Islands: more stone, atolls, and coal (but less than VEM).
- Deserts: 2 basic move cost, +1 on freshwater tiles, +1 on freshwater resources, Oasis value depends on surrounding desert.
- Snow: +2 on snow hills.
- Floodplains remain under newly-founded cities.