Gem v1.06: Armies
- Included most basic global changes for this section of the mod from VEM. Click for details.
(No specific unit balance yet.)
- 4 per city (was 5).
- 0.5 per Mints (was 1).
- Armories no longer provide an Engineer slot.
- Moved the global unit purchase/build cost modifiers to this section (from Armies), since global modifiers affect economics more than unit balance.
- The barbarian mercenaries opportunity provides more units with the purchase options, so they are cost-effective.
- Renamed Populism to Labor Unions.
- Added free Great Person.
- Added +3 for cities with a specialist (was +2 for all cities).
- Moved 5 here from the Piety tree.
- Merged defense building policies.
- The immediate gold effect now depends on era, instead of current gold income.
- Removed Merchant bonus.
- Monarchy: Moved the culture building bonus to Ceremonial Rites.
- Military Tradition: +2 defense unit, and +10% military production.
- Unity: +5 per turn and +2 per city (was free religious buildings).
- Nationalism: 1 on Monuments (was 1 per city).
- Sovereignty: Moved the University bonus to Scientific Revolution.
- Secularism: +2 science from specialists.
- Opener: defense bonus in friendly territory.
- Finisher: population bonus, and double wonder effect.
- Free Speech: culture on villages/moai.
- Democracy: specialist bonus.
- Universal Suffrage: food on farms.
- Happiness buildings should give the happiness indicated on the tooltip now.
- Fixed a bug with Temple resource bonuses.
- Fixed bugs with the Military Tradition, Democracy, Communism, Commerce Finisher, and Cultural Diplomacy policies.
- Fixed several “strategy” tooltips in the civilopedia for buildings.
- The choose tech popup should correctly interact with Gem-specific changes now.
- Increased spy steal tech rate to match changes to tech costs.
- Archers obsolete at Mathematics.
- Scientific Revolution should more reliably give the best science building.
- The modified Perfect World map script should now place rivers more reliably.
- Fixed various other small bugs.