I updated the project with a starting-point compromise of land unit balance between VEM and G&K. Ship balance will come later. The overall changes compared to G&K are listed in the Armies section below. Click for discussion. Have fun! 🙂
This update has many small changes, so it will likely contain bugs. Click to post on the bug tracking forum if anything seems out of place. I included fixes for about half the bugs on the forum in this update, and will continue to the other half tomorrow.
- 0-20% higher cost & strength of strategic resource units.
- 0-20% lower cost & strength of non-strategic units.
- Vanguard unit line provides cheap city garrisons, scouts, medics, and damage absorption on the front lines.
- Gatling and Machine Guns focus on defense in the late game.
- Siege units have higher base strength and lower modifiers, resulting in less extreme combat situations.
- Siege promotions improve both attack and defense vs cities (was only attack).
- Sea units can traverse ice at slow speed after Astronomy.
- Recon 2 ship promotion provides better healing (was ice-traversal in VEM).
- 300 basic city health (was 200).
- 6 basic city strength (was 8).
- 0.25 city strength per pop (was 0.4).
- Increased city defense building health bonuses.
- Reduced city strength from defense buildings by -2 apiece.
- Swapped the names of Industrialization and Steam Power (purely visual change).
- Moved bonuses to improve military techs & reduce economic techs:
- Alum reveal: Scientific Theory -> Metallurgy.
- Oil reveal: Scientific Theory -> Chemistry.
- Oil Wells: Biology -> Dynamite.
- Forbidden Palace: Banking -> Gunpowder.
- Angkor Wat: Education -> Chivalry.
- Carrier: Electronics -> Ballistics.
- GW Infantry: Replaceable Parts -> Steam Power.
- Landship: Combustion -> Railroads.
- AT Gun: Combined Arms -> Combustion.
- Stock Exchanges: Electricity -> Electronics.
- Swapped Destroyer and Battleship.
- Swapped Infantry and Machine Guns.
- Updated belief bonuses to match the changes to culture and science.
- Inspiration no longer incorrectly increases Artist culture.
- Fixed various minor bugs.
- Piety opener should give immediate faith as intended.