- 100% maintenance cost for barbarian units (was 150%).
- Unit upgrade cost changed to 2.25 times the production cost difference between new and old units (was 3.0).
- 5 Submarines (was 7) with +25% attack and -25% defense (was 0, 0).
- Swapped the sci-from-happy and free scientist effects in the Knowledge tree.
- Humanism no longer has prerequisites.
- Rearranged policies in the Honor tree.
- Increased the frequency of opportunities, especially in the early game.
- Improved the “Barbarian Mercenaries” opportunity. It can now give three different types of units, and gives ships only to coastal cities.
- Survivalism no longer gives an unintended +25% defense bonus.
- Great Prophets can no longer be captured.
- Fixed a bug with Trebuchet cost & strength.
- Missile Cruiser requires oil, as intended.
- Fixed bugs with the Coffee House.
- Fixed bugs with Ironclad and Ship of the Line resource requirements.
- Fixed a rounding bug with several ship costs.
- Hakkas no longer start with an unintended Ambush promotion.
- Fixed-value science yields are now correctly doubled (mainly affects Mayan Pyramid).
- Inspiration policy no longer gives an unintended worker.