Gem v1.11: Technologies
This version updates the technology tree. I also created an AI to help humans figure out the power of each tech. Click for details.
I believe GEM has almost reached the polished state of VEM. I expect the next version of GEM to be the first “public” release, bringing it out of its beta testing phase.
- Coalition-building AI leaders (ally CS + attack civ) now focus on constructing a tall empire (was wide).
- Ship strengths no longer round to the nearest multiple of 5.
- Hunter ship attacks consume all move points (was 1).
- Hunter ships get vs-city promotions with 15/15/15% strength (was 1 promotion with 30%).
- Everything has Sonar (subs are no longer invisible).
- 150% maintenance Hunter ships (now equal to common ships).
- 85% 115% Warriors.
- 115% Archers.
- 90% melee strength for ranged units.
- +2 Chariots.
- +1 Knights.
- +25% ship production with a Warehouse (was 50%).
- Updated the technology tree. Click for details.
- Changed the way horses and iron are placed. Click for details.
- -25% quantity of strategic resources per player territory.
- 50 from chopping down a forest (was 30).
- 1 Jungles (was 2).
- Can build small farms in jungle (swidden).
- Changed plot fertility:
- More bonus resources near jungle, desert, tundra, and coastal land.
- Fewer bonuses near floodplains and coastal water.
- Hills get equal bonuses as grassland and plains, instead of looking at underlying terrain, since hills cannot be removed.
- Updated the Chariot Archer tooltip to show its attacks take only 1 move, and it is not vulnerable to spearmen (unlike Horsemen).
- England’s Steam Mill now correctly improves G&K-specific luxuries.
- Clarified the Petra tooltip to simply say “does not improve floodplains,” instead of explicitly stating each yield it does not affect on floodplains.
- Missile Cruisers now have Indirect Fire, as intended.
- Seaports no longer provide a production bonus, which was not intended.