Economy: Gem v1.13 (Civup v2.4)
This update focuses on improving economic balance. I originally intended to update leaders now, but it got bumped back when we discovered high-priority mistakes with economic calculations.
I added a direct download sidebar to the news site.
- Unit maintenance changed to ( cost / 50).
- 100% strength Hunter Ships with +25% vs units (was 125% with +0%).
- Triremes and Galleass now count as Capital Ships with +50% vs cities.
- Capital Ships now have the same movement speed as Escort Ships.
- Embarked unit strength equals 50% the strength of a Soldier unit of the same tech level (was 30%).
- Merged the Amphibious promotion with the +100% embarked strength promotion.
- Removed the +150% vs bomber promotion from fighters (not an intended bonus).
- +25% strength Gatling and Machine Guns.
- WW2-era land armies now correctly have their intended +1 move speed (rocket artillery were bugged). (Represents rising mobility during and after WWII.)
- Citystates start with Sentinels instead of Warriors (upgrade requires no strategic resources).
- The Morale promotion now applies to aircraft.
- Rebalanced all buildings.
- Building maintenance changed to 25% of the building’s expected income at a typical time of construction.
- Trade route income equals (3 + 0% capital pop + 10% city pop) (was 2 + 15% + 25%).
- Doubled compensation from losing world wonder races.
- -33% Golden Age duration from Great People.
- Click to discuss the changes below.
- Capital Building (new)
8 national happiness.
City defense bonuses from old palace.
Counts as a free City Hall.
4 national happiness.
Limit of 3 per empire.
- City Hall (new)
1 1 2
- 0 free national happiness (was 12).
- 2 2 basic yield per city (was 3, 3).
- Capital Building (new)
- +50% counterspy with Constable (was 25%).
- +25% counterspy in all cities with Supermax Prison, national limit of 1 (replaced Police Station).
- Focused the Intelligence Agency on the spy bonuses. It requires no buildings, and does not give a cost modifier.
- Removed the Great Firewall (to consolidate espionage bonuses).
- 2 from God of the Sea (was 3 production).
(Coastal areas need science more than gold or production.)
- Unique warriors upgrade to spearmen.
- Suleiman: captured barbarian ships cost 50% maintenance (was 100%).
- Granary settler/worker choice unlocks in the Medieval era (was Classical).
- Liberty: +1 Palace in oldest 3 cities, and +2 culture per city.
- Moved 5 national happiness from Meritocracy to Piety (returned to original location).
- Tradition: 1 per 1 (was 2 per 1).
- Moved 2 per culture building from Monarchy to Ceremonial Rites (returned to original location).
- +2 yield for defense buildings from Landed Elite and Republic (returned to original values).
- Police State: Double production and +2 city happiness for espionage buildings.
- United Front: +25% counterspy, and +5 production Constables.
- Merchant Navy: increases science instead of production (coastal empires have plenty of gold to build things, and need more science).
- Spoils of War: gold from kills, and yields from citystate capture.
- Professional Army: lower unit maintenance and upgrade costs.
- War Epics: happiness from culture buildings.
- Discipline: great general, faster generals, and strength for adjacent units.
- Finisher: happiness and culture from garrisons and barracks.
- Fishing boats should now be buildable on features if the game places resources there (isles, reef).
- Natural wonders which are not mountain peaks are now passable, and considered rough terrain.
- Setting USING_CSD to 1 in the Civup options file disables the capability to bribe citystates.
- Hovering over reward buttons for Opportunities re-centers the map on the opportunity (workaround for the game core yanking the camera away after the mod displays the opportunity).
- Happiness from citystates now displays on a separate line of the top bar happiness tooltip.
Civup: Mod Tools
- Moved all text to sql files (was xml).
- Created placeholder files for translations.
- Game text should no longer show double ” apostrophes in situations using a single apostrophe.
- Possibly fixed a bug causing yield icons to disappear in the city view.
- Fixed a bug with unit maintenance.
- Fixed a bug with great person improvement build times on jungle.
- Fixed an erroneous Siege flavor on the Temple of Artemis.
- All leaders which start with an advanced UU should get non-upgrade rewards from ancient ruins (added Attila and Pacal).
- IsVisible and ShowInPedia building fields should now properly control visibility of non-wonder buildings in the civilopedia.
- Fixed a bug causing citystate alliance and friendship notifications to show messages like “you gained 0 food”.
- The +1 Range promotion no longer replaces with a movement promotion when upgrading to Gatling Guns or Machine Guns.
- Opportunities should no longer add the basic yield of terrain to itself when altering other yields.
- The City Limits mod component should work properly now.