Gem 1.13.1 (Civup 2.4.1)
- AIs should make purchase decisions somewhat more intelligently.
- Scaled culture and faith income & costs so 1 point of culture or faith has approximately the same value as 1 point of other yields.
- Building maintenance equals 33% of typical income (was 25%).
- 33% * income Lighthouse maintenance (was 0%).
- 16% * income power plant maintenance (was 0%).
- +1 Libraries.
- Trade route income is now 3 + 25% population (was 4 + 25% pop).
- Early national happiness is now 8 free + 6 palaces + 4 piety (was 12 free + 4 meritocracy).
- Demolished buildings no longer return gold (caused balance problems).
- Renamed for realism:
Old New Amphitheater Theatre Colosseum Arena Theatre Publishing House Stadium Cinema Aqueduct Sanitation System Medical Lab Vaccinations Broadcast Tower Radio Station Police Station Supermax Prison Palace Capital Forge Blast Furnace Workshop Smithy Ironworks Foundry
- 2 on fishing boats with God of the Sea (was 3).
- 2 on fishing boats with God of Tranquility (new).
- 1 on open tundra with Dance of Aurora (tundra becomes plains) (was faith).
- 1 on jungle with Sacred Path (jungle becomes grassland) (was culture).
- +25% for ancient/classical wonders with Monument to the Gods (was 15%).
- +25% surplus food from Fertility Rites (was 10%).
- Chinese paper makers give an immediate +200 when constructed.
- Huns get 100 from defeated barbarian camps (was 200).
- +13% Samurai.
- +15% Chu-Ko-Nu.
- Updated to match new estimates for the value of each yield. Click for details.
- Rearranged the Honor tree.
- Renamed Mass production to Mass Media.
- Swapped Submarines (now radio) and Hollywood (now mass media).
- 40 from clearing forest, and 20 from jungle (was 50 and 25).
- The “choose tech” notification should always appear at the start of the game now.
- Fixed many typos. Thanks ExpiredReign!
- Captured cities now default to puppet status if we choose no options.
- Updated policy tree descriptions.
- Fixed a bug with the Stoneworks’ “Good for” tips.
- Added some code to make the game fail more gracefully when things go wrong.
- The all-cities yield modifier from the Churches of Lalibela should work now.
- Fixed a problem caused by editing the Civup options file in regular Windows Notepad.